Providing viable alternatives to remanding young people (10 – 16 yrs) in custody
CST can assist with accessing:
Accommodation, Family Support Services, Life Skills Training, Education Services, Managing Emotions Programme, Social Skills Programme, Drug and Alcohol Counselling and Education, Relationship and Parenting Support Services, Sport and Recreational Activities, etc.
Youth Bail Support Service
- aims to ensure that assistance and support is:
- responsive to all identified needs
- culturally sensitive
- age appropriate
- will assess the needs and circumstances of each person and tailor the support and assistance provided accordingly.
- will work together with families, carers and the young person to meet bail conditions.
- will advocate and support young people to access other relevant communityresources
- and services to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- will support the young person when they are required to appear in court.
What we will do to help you
- act honestly, ethically and with professionalism at all times.
- respect your privacy and the confidentiality of the information that you provide to us.
- ensure that any information that you give to us will not be divulged to other parties without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
- treat you with courtesy and understanding.
- be sensitive to cultural and linguistic diversity.
- link you with an interpreter and/or other programme/s if required.
What you can do to help us
- Giving us complete and accurate information.
- Being respectful of our staff.
- Telling us if you:
- have any particular problems or needs;
- cannot keep an appointment; or
- change your contact details.
How can I access Legal Assistance?
Legal Aid —Legal information and Referral 1300 651 188 Australian and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service (ATSILS)
Toll free 1800 012 255
Cairns 4046 6400
Compliments and Complaints
If you have a concern, chances are that you are not alone. Your feedback could make CST aware of problems that we don’t know about. So, we want to hear from you. We take all feedback seriously. You are welcome to either email us on email@example.com, or phone 4091 3850 to speak to one of our staff. You are also invited to complete a client compliment/complaint form (available from all CST offices) and post it to us at: C/- Chief Executive Officer, Community Services Tablelands, PO Box 793, Atherton 4883